One thing that has been confirmed through the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent social distancing orders, is that no matter what, the #APDcrew is a community that thrives in supporting each other.
It also gave us an opportunity to see how many people in our crew are keeping essential services running; lab technicians, nurses, counselors, social workers, doctors, and so on. At the same time, some people in our community are struggling through this period of isolation. There can be a lot of mental health, physical health, and social health challenges during this time. We see you all doing your thing, and want to support you as best we can.
Even though policy is ever changing, the course of the COVID-19 pandemic isn’t “just over”. There is still work to do to mitigate the spread of the virus. We promise to hold ourselves accountable to keeping risk low during this time, and beyond.
What has been updated
Most recently updated 12/27/2021.
Updated sanitation protocol
While we’ve always kept the cleanliness of APD on the top of our priority list, we are now getting PASSIONATE about disinfection! We’ve increased our frequency of surface cleaning, brought in medical grade air purifiers, and provided checklists for post-class cleanup at each pole.
Physical Distancing Practices
- Reduction in class capacity, no more than 7 students on the dance floor with the instructor.
- Masking up for all students, instructors, and visitors at all times. You may step off of the dance floor if you need to temporarily remove your mask. We provide complementary disposable masks if needed.
- Spotting provided on a student-request basis, with instructor using hand sanitizer before and after spotting
What Stays The Same:
- Epic playlists
- Supportive and inclusive environment
- Your lovingly weird instructors
- Our commitment to quality, expert, anatomy-based pole education
- Our openness to client feedback and ideas
Thank you for being part of the #APDcrew – stay healthy and safe, and we’ll see you soon!